Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Welcome to the 2018
Catholic Press Awards Programs- To submit please scroll to the bottom of this page after reading
Important Changes for 2018: Search by category
name not number
The 2018 Press Awards Program is in a two-year transition period with the goal of making it easier for participants to find submissions by topical category rather than by category number. The first stage in accomplishing this is to create new divisions and reorganize the Quick Look Chart by topic. Continue to use the category number to find descriptions and submit in the award software.
Entry Divisions Reorganized and Expanded to Seven
The All Member entries are now in the Digital and Business divisions. All General and Individual Excellence categories are in the Excellence division. The new Communication division is for non-news content.
The Seven Divisions are: (Click each to download individual packets)
Business (All Member): Advertising & Annual Report entries for all publisher members
Digital (All Member): Website, blogs, Social Media entries for all publisher members
Communication Departments: Communicator and promotion work that is not press/news related
General & Individual Excellence: Top awards pulled from Newspaper, Magazine, Spanish Language & Communication divisions
Magazine & Newsletter: Same as previous years without digital and excellence categories
Newspaper: Same as previous years without digital and excellence categories
Spanish Language: Same as previous years without digital and excellence categories
New categories are listed at the top of the Quick Look chart and marked NEW
Catholic Press Award winners are announced at the annual Catholic Media Conference in June. Winners may pick up their award certificates at the conference. If a winner is unable to attend, the CPA office mails the certificates after the the conference ends. Winners are also published in the June issue of the Catholic Journalist and in the winners gallery on our awards website.
CPA's awards programs allow Catholic journalists, authors, publishers, media professionals and students to showcase their hard work from the previous year.
The CPA offers four annual contests. Please click the links for more details:
- The Catholic Press Awards is a competition for eligible CPA members
- The CPA Book Awards is for authors or publishers of Catholic books
- The CPA Student Awards program for student publications
- The Gabriel Awards program for broadcasters and filmmakers
Winners receive an award certificate and recognition on the CPA website and the Catholic Journalist. Winners of the Catholic Press Awards will be announced at the Catholic Media Conference. To view galleries winners, click here.
New to the Programs?
If you are entering your work for the first time please cick the links below to create your account.
- Click here to create an account for CPA Student Awards.
- Click here to create an account for CPA Book Awards.
- Click here to create an account for CPA Gabriel Awards.
- Click here to create an account for CPA Press Awards.
Awards Packets- Click on the icon to download individual packets.
Press Awards Division Packets- Click on the icon to download individual Division packets.
- All Member Business Division [NEW]
- All Member Digital Division [NEW]
- Excellence Division
- Magazine and Newsletter Division
- Newspaper Division
- Spanish Division
- Communications Division [NEW]
Awards packets contain full category lists and descriptions, submission instructions, and deadlines for each program.
Ready to submit?
- Click here to submit to the CPA Student Awards.
- Click here to submit to the CPA Book Awards.
- Click here to submit to the CPA Gabriel Awards.
- Click here to submit to the CPA Press Awards.
If you have questions about the awards programs, please email email@example.com.